Posting Videos on YouTube
There are many benefits to posting videos on YouTube. It can help improve your online exposure by giving your potential audience another way to find you online.
Also, because YouTube is owned by Google, they will often display the videos in their natural search results. So, not only can people find your videos on YouTube, they may also find them on Google as well.
Here is a list of some well-known formats that YouTube supports:
- WebM files - Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
- MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec
- AVI - Many cameras output this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
- MPEGPS - Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
- FLV - Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio
Video Upload Lenght (15+ minutes)
- All users have the ability to upload videos up to 15 minutes in length.
- Read more here...
Youtube Help Articles