How to Paste Clean Text Into Your Web Content
Have you ever copied text from a Word document and pasted it into your web content only to find that it messes up the formatting of the text on your site? Here's a way to fix that:
- Open your text editor such as Windows Notepad or Mac TextEdit, or another application with the file extension .txt
- Select the text in the Word document and copy it.
- Paste the text into your text editor that you just opened
- Now, select the text in your Text Editor
- Copy and paste it into your web content.
You may still have a bit of formatting to do as this method may not completely remove all the special characters. However, this strips majority of the code from your page that could lead to errors on your Webstarts website.